Friday, April 6, 2012

An ol' saying, about a man who goes to a doctor, still brings us insight even today !

Doctor, "Every time I lift my arm, it hurts".
The doctor said, "Well, then stop doing it".

This kind of common sense/innate wisdom approach to life is nearly always available to us, but we spend so much of our time caught up in the whirlwind of our thoughts that we don't notice it. And even when we do notice it, well often ignore it, hoping that our intellect can find a different answer more in keeping with what "we hope" will turn out to be true.  

Michael Neill, author of SuperCoach.

Neill said, one of his clients asked for an example of this concept.  He said, "Nearly every woman I've talked to, who has come out the other side of a bad marriage has told me, that she knew not to marry the guy at some point before getting far enough down the aisle to say, "I do.""   

No comments:

Post a Comment