Sunday, April 29, 2012

Joel Osteen - April 29, 2012. Subject: How ... Yes ... is in your future.



Funny. Russian, American , and a blond. Russian said, we went to outer space 1st; American said, we were to the moon 1st ; Blond said, we’ll be on the sun 1st. Russian and American asked how ? She said, we’re not dumb, we’ll go at night.
When God planned your life, he lined up everything. Yes, you will get married; yes, that new job; Yes, you’ll get over your addiction.
You may have been told No, but God says Yes.
On way to Yes, you’ll get NO’s. The mistake people make, they give up before the Yes. People think it won’t happe3n.
You must go thru closed doors, before the door opens.
Remember, you’e one day closer to being there.
Say you get 20 No’s, and know, once you’re to 1, you’ll get a Yes; You would except the 19 No’s till you got to 1..
You would be encouraged, no discouraged.
Just cause you get several No’s, don’t loose your passion.
It’s all God’s plan.
You might be in a No now, but don’t be discouraged, don’t give up on your Yes, cause it’s coming. Don’t be stuck in a No.
God’s favor is coming.
Thank God for your Yes’s today; Yes I am saved; Yes I am well.
1st time businesses fail; 2nd time, succeed; but many won’t try a 2nd time. People give up, when they’re one yes away.
If you knew, 3 more No’s and then you might meet Mr Yes. You might probably find 2 No’s quick, so you could jump to Mr Yes quick.
When God gives you a dream and makes a promise, you know the Yes’ are coming. Every No means you’re 1 step closer to Yes.
You don’t know, you might be 5 No’s to Yes; or maybe the next person will be a Yes.
Maybe next time, you’ll give up that addiction.
You may have to go thru a lot of No’s.
Don’t get stuck on a No; keep believing.
Be persistent !
Subject. Zig Ziegler - went to hotel, all rooms filled. Attendant tried, but looked for space, but still No. He asked for Manager, and he looked, but then another No. Then he asked the Manager if the president came tonight, would you find a room; Manager said, I’m sure I would; Zig Zigler said, I’m sure he’s not coming, so may I just have his room !
Keep perusing what God has put in your heart.
You may be looking for that job, struggle with an addition, looking for a partner, get promoted or new job.
Don’t let closed doors make you give up !
Are you willing to go thru a dozen No’s (doors) till you get a Yes ?
Story. Husband and wife trying to have baby for 20 years. She kept taking pregnancy test, and the answer was No again and again. Woman answered a question, and talked and acted as if she was pregnant. If God could give Sarah a baby at 80, he can do it for anyone. Woman ended up pregnant, and had twins; 29 years down the road of trying.
You might be determined, but you must also believe.
God won’t give you a promise and not have it in your plans.
Will you stay in faith, and not let your No’s talk you out of your Yes’.
Would be nice if we didn’t have to go through the No’s; but it’s our test, God’s plan.
You need to be in it for the long haul !
Story. Fish tank. A barracuda and another fish, with a wall between. Normally the barracuda would eat the fish alive. Barracuda kept running into the wall, and gave up. The scientist removed the wall; and the barracuda never tried again. He was one step closer to that great meal, but had given up.
Story. Elijah promised rain. Servant kept looking and even 6 times, he said, no rain. The 7th time, finally he saw a cloud. It was a small sign, but Elijah said get ready for the rain. Then finally, the rain came !
Expect things to change in your favor; it might be a small sign, but it’s coming.
Be a believer and not a doubter.
You must have a made up mind; you’re in it to win it. Don’t settle for 2nd best; your Yes is coming.
Subject: Edison trying to make the light. He tried to make it over and over. He kept trying, and No. He said, I never failed once, I just found 2000 ways that didn’t work.
Remember, nothing to you do to prepare for the Yes is wasting your time; Your No’s are helping to prepare you !
Don’t feel bad about what you haven’t gotten; Move forward, be your best. God promises your Yes will come.
Subject. His mom wanted pool. His dad said No over and over. His mom finally went out and measured for a pool. His dad said, not going to happen, give up. One day, they ran into a man, who built swimming pools. His mom said, I have been waiting for you. The man said, I would like to build you a pool, but his dad said, we can’t afford. The man said, I want to give it to you.
Sometimes, those closest people to us will give us the most discouragement. Sometimes those around us will only look at us in our “natural” ability. But when God has put a dream in your heart, don’t give up and go by what others say, no matter who they are !
Press through the No’s; something big is about to show up; new doors are about to open; the right folks are about to track you down with a Yes; keep looking for that Yes; go each day, expecting that Yes to happen ! You will be in abundance !
Job, new health, new partner, all coming your way !

I can totally relate, with my own personal stories !


 

I remember in 1983, searching for a job; wanting to work at a bank; everyone kept saying No, cause I didn't have experience. Finally Debra Lucado, VA National, wanted someone with No experience; It was between me and another; I got the job... cause of my 4 year degree !


Then the cruise business. When I decided to get in 21 years ago, very few in LYH new anything about cruises; to include the local agents ! I wanted to be in "outside sales" because I had that "real job", as they say, at the bank;unfortunately, the locals knew even less about "outside sales" and all turned me down the 1st time I wrote letters. 2nd go round, something came up, but that didn't work out. I wrote 250 letters outside LYH. Bob Falcone of Cruises Inc called me and today, it's is still the best plan God gave me; Being "connected at the hip" and Not a franchise, with what is today, the Nations Largest Cruise-Only distributor;  It's the very best ever "savings" and highest protection, that my clients, as well as I, could have ever benefited with !

I have always believed, that I am one of the luckiest (knowing it's more than luck) ! I have always been a person that doesn't take No, which is actually Why I'm the best for my clients, in the cruise business (I won't accept Yes to cruise line errors; I stand up for what you deserve !). Again, like Joel said, you must believe - in yourself; in the system; in the plan ! Which is also Why I've lately furthered my teaching degree, my becoming a Certified Life Coach (Like with the cruise business, want to share & help others to have what I'm fortunate to have).

Currently working on a few more goals, cause my health insurance cost is trying to get the best of me and take me down ! I know, that No is NOT acceptable; all will continue to work in my favor - persistence/goal driven is the key and "believing"; one can't give up; It's what we have to live for (like vacation !) ... Keeping our spirits up ... For that final Yes !
Do you commonly have a story in helping others see that the "light is just ahead" ... Please share !

No comments:

Post a Comment