Saturday, February 23, 2013

If it won’t effect your life in 5 years, then let it go now

I’m a little late, from last Wed, in posting on my Coaching blog.  I have been in a medical crash class all week. 

----------------------------------------

Was with folks this week, in my medical class, when the topic of conversation led to, “Letting go of the small things”.
One person there, spoke up, and said she had gone to counselor, just a little while back, with assistance over this topic.  She said, the counselor told her, to ask herself this question in the future, when something is bothering her or someone has upset her:


Will this have any effect on my life in 5 years ?

If yes, then work with this situation.

If not, let it go.

 
Hadn’t heard this one before, so I told her, I was going to use this in my Coaching blog this week.

On a different note, I’ve always said >>> If you’ve done something that may be embarrassing to you, whether it be with peers or whomever >>> Remember, that in 2 weeks, folks usually will have forget all about it (this excludes situations that may have landed you in jail - but that's not considered "small)) !

 
It’s only natural, when things upset us or an incidence happens to us or you do something that you wish you hadn’t, that it can often weight heavy on our mind !  And often, we allow this to consumer our thoughts, over and over and over. 

Part of this is “habit”, because you may have always allowed situations to consumer your thoughts.  No matter, if you find that you can’t let something go, then seek a counselor, and with select topics, a coach can be of assistance.  Not letting go, can be unhealthy for you, and cause bigger problems !

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment