Saturday, April 20, 2013

5 stages of handling death - Remember to reach to a coach if you need a helping hand


I'm personally very behind this week, and have not posted on my coaching blog.
Since the death of my father, first of April, I have been packing up my mom, to move to Fla, permanently.
If I guess, I have yet to have time, in dealing with the death of my father, with being constantly busy; packing and working in my own business !  Once she is gone, next weekend, I'm sure, reality may hit home.  Thought I should take a moment and look online at the different stages a person goes through with death, and thought, for now, I would just share one article I found online.

From Psych Central.
http://psychcentral.com/lib/2006/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/

Note ...
*  Not all folks handle death in the same way.
*  Not everyone goes through the different stages.
*  Not everyone goes through the stages as the same rate as another
*  Some folks get hung up in a stage and may need coaching or counseling to cope, or pass to the next stage.

Remember ...
Right after someone dies, many folks call and check on those who have been left behind.  But after a couple of weeks or months, these folks are often forgotten. 
Remember ...
To keep in touch with these folks.  They still need your friendship !

Call me if you need a coach during your difficult times !

No comments:

Post a Comment