Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Are you tired of being tired ! Which is the culprit


I know I am tired lots lately.  The last 3 weeks, I seem to be exhausted by noon, every day !  After my dad died, 3 weeks ago, I’ve been helping my mother go through her house, in a two week period, because she is permanently moving to Fla.  Today, seems like I’m tired the most, so I decided, it was time to talk about this subject !
 

Our daily habits affect how we feel !
Whether we ate breakfast or not.

What we’re eating during the day.  (Ever feel tired after lunch, after eating a buffet, or pasta, fried foods, Chinese food, etc ?  These are carbs; they auto make you tired) !
And of course, whether we got a good nights rest or not.  But read more on what affect us !

 
----------------------------

Here’s what WebMD says – Health and Balance:

Have breakfast... even if you don't feel hungry.
Eat every three to four hours.

Fill up on more fiber (daily recommended 25 to 30 grams).  Some suggestions: a bowl of raisin bran (5 grams of fiber per cup); black beans and cheese wrapped in a multigrain tortilla (beans have 7.5 grams per 1/2 cup; one tortilla has 5 grams); air-popped popcorn (3.6 grams per 3 cups); an apple with the skin (3.3 grams); and whole-wheat spaghetti (6.3 grams per cup).
Fuel your brain with omega-3s. Found in fatty fish (such as tuna and salmon), walnuts, and canola oil).

Stay hydrated.  Tip: Besides drinking more, you can also consume foods that naturally contain water, such as yogurt, broccoli, carrots, and juicy fruits, like watermelons, oranges, and grapefruits.
Watch caffeine intake after noon. researchers at the University of Florida found that out of 22 decaffeinated coffee beverages tested, all but one contained some caffeine.


-----------------------------
More ideas from WebMD: 
Vent your feelings.  Keeping fear, anxiety, and stress pent up inside may seem like a grown-up way to deal with these emotions. But discussing negative feelings with another person can ease them far better than keeping them bottled up; by airing them, you reduce their ability to sap your stamina, says Komaroff, who is also the editor-in-chief of the Harvard Health Letter.

Let go of grudges. Nursing a grudge prompts your mind and body to react as if they're under chronic stress, increasing your heart rate and blood pressure and potentially resulting in an impaired immune system and exhaustion over time, according to a study in the journal Psychological Science. On the other hand, practicing empathy and forgiveness after you've been wronged makes you feel as if you're back in control, which keeps the body's stress responses in check. The next time you find yourself harboring ill feelings, repeat a stress-relieving mantra to yourself, such as, "Forgiveness makes me a happier and stronger person."
Turn on some tunes.

Take belly breaths. When we're under stress, we're prone to take "chest breaths" — short, shallow ones, says Domar. Chest breathing brings less air into the lungs and reduces the supply of energizing oxygen to the body and brain, leaving you physically and mentally drained. The goal is deep, diaphragmatic breathing — like that of a sleeping infant: When you breathe in, your belly should round and fill like a balloon; on an exhale, your belly should slowly deflate. Of course, remembering to practice deep breathing isn't the first thing on your mind when you're under the gun, so as a visual reminder, try posting a tranquil picture (such as a pool of water or your kids smiling) with the word "breathe" next to your computer, or anywhere you tend to feel on edge.
De-clutter a corner. Go through that teetering pile of papers or overflowing closet and clear it out. Clutter can make you feel out of control and overwhelmed, especially when you're already feeling stressed or down. Plus, simply accomplishing a goal, no matter how seemingly minor, can be energizing, says Domar.

Do some good. Acts of altruism can lend a little pep to your step. In fact, one study in the Journal of Health and Social Behavior found that volunteer work can boost your energy in six ways: It enhances happiness, life satisfaction, self-esteem, sense of control over life, physical health, and mood.

-------------------------------------

The culprit for me is, lately, is that I am totally not eating right.  What I really mean is, the culprit is MYSELF !  Like most always, I’m running around so fast, that I only take time to eat, when I am hungry, and then, I’m grabbing whatever might already be ready, so there’s not “fixing time” needed.

Carbs have always put me to sleep, which is why I can not have them in the day, and do not agree to go out to eat lunch with folks !  I am better off, when I eat, very small portions, several times a day (1/2 cup to one cup each).

Other culprits for me right now … Clutter.  I have just moved may things from my mom’s house to mine.  It is overwhelming just to look at !  Meaning, looking at it, and I become exhausted, before I even lift a hand in changing it.

Venting.  I have been doing this a little lately; I’m sure not enough.  And it’s all in reference, to all that has gone on in the last 3 weeks !


Now, allow me to add a couple more venue's to add some spark for you.
*  Practive self-hynosis (I can help you with this)
*  Plan a vacation ... a cruise ... even if you are not yet ready to committ.  Vacation planning can bring life back into you.  Do not call anyone if you are not going to buy; just go online and do your research.  Here, use my cheat sheets:  www.VivianWebb.com

Both of the above, I do all the time !

Time for change.  I’m looking forward to it, once all this work is complete.  Looking forward to eating healthier, walking on my new treadmill, and becoming healthier !  More energy ! Plan to join me !

Need motivation with change ?  Need help (phisically) with decluttering ?
Reach out to a coach today !  Why put off in change that could be the best thing for your life !  (434) 473 - 7470  (Voip Machine)


No comments:

Post a Comment