Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Be careful what you wish for ! Grass may not be greener on the other side, as you wish !



Over the last couple of weeks,  I have been with different folks, than usual, because I have been out of town.  Truly nice, from time to time, opening the door to new conversation.
Instead of a topic, I heard this statement a few times >>> “ I don’t dare wish for different, cause it could be worse “.  True !
The 1st reference was to neighbors.  In this instance, the neighbors partied all night, with loud talking and bon fires in the yard.  The person making the statement said, “I’m afraid to wish they would move, cause the next neighbors could be worse !”,  True !
2nd reference was to husbands.  This husband was non-thankful/greatful/appreciative and demanding.  The person making the statement said, “Not only do I not wish for a new husband, because the next one could be worse, but I would be afraid to try out another !”.  Hehehe, understandable !
 Truly grass will not always be gound greener on the other side !
I thought back of times, when I have changed something, and regretted it !  Yet, we’re told to “be open to change”.
Two latest examples that personally let to doom: 
·         Long Distance provider
·         Doctor
 
This is really why I am so skeptical of changing things.  Just lately, I was forced to get a new computer and change my cell phone provider.  Thank goodness, both of these have worked out so far (but maybe because it was a force change and not something I was led to change) !
My point … it can be simple, it can be something life changing … However, no matter, I’m sure there are many of us, who can look back in our lives, and realize, we wished for something better, only to find “worse results” !
So as they say, be careful what you wish for !
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment